What is Gray Line Explorer?
Gray Line is a travel & tour company that is specialized in providing the travelers with the exceptional Sight Seeing with Hop-on Hop-off, double-decker bus tours in New York. Gray Line is usually known as ” Gray Line New York ” and not Gray Line Explorer. The term Gray Line Explorer is another marketing term from Grayline.com in order to let the passengers and customer aware of all the package tour and destinations that Gray Line has. Normally, Gray Line would provide New York City Tour both day and night tours. However, most of the people will not realize that Gray Line is also having Cruises & water tour as well such as Circle Line Sight Seeing Tour, Statue of Liberty Tour, and so on. There are so many tours and packages that Gray Line ( Grayline.com & GrayLineVacations.com ) is offering as well as Gray Line Promotional Code to let the customers and passengers save more online reserving packages and tours with the site. We can then illustrate each tours and group them together below.
Gray Line Tour Packages
As of today, there are in total of 39 tour packages that Gray Line is offering to the travelers and passengers, This includes City Tour, Night Tours, Cruises & Water Tours, and Packages & Combos. Some tours look very similar, but they are usually different in some points such as the length of the tour and the pricing.
First Category : All Loops Double Decker Tour
This category deals only with DOUBLE DECKER TOUR. Each tour will be varied by it’s length of time such as 48 hours loop tour and 72 hours loop tour
- 48 Hours / 72 Hours – All Loops Double Decker Tour. This will include over 50 stops plus 4 tours: Uptown, Downtown, Brooklyn, and Night tour in the total of 48 hours – 72 hours. Visitors can enjoy the sightseeing along the way as well as having chances to visit Harlem Gospel, Central Park, Lincoln Center, Time Square, Empire State Building, Rockefeller Center and about 10 more tourist destinations. Not only the day tour, in this tour package also includes Night Tour that the visitors will have chances to visit Empire State Building, China Town, Manhattan Bridge, Soho, and a lot more.
- All Loops With Museum of Modern Art. This tour is very much perfect for those who would like to visit Brooklyn and Manhattan with the choice of timing Day/Night. This tour package has included the ticket admission to Museum of Modern Art that the visitors can enjoy Paintings, Sculptures, Drawings, Prints, Photographs, and other art related works.
- All Loops With Top of the Rock. This Tour is also good for those who would like to visit Brooklyn and Manhattan for both Day and Night. The package per person is a little higher than other Loop tour since it includes top of the rock observation deck admission ticket.
- Brooklyn Loop – This is another Hop On and Hop Off tour that visitors can visit Botanic Garden, The Brooklyn Museum of Art, and more places to go. The price of the ticket does not include food and beverages and other admission ticket to the tourist spot.
- Classic New York Double Decker Bus Tour – This Bus tour ticket price is the highest due to the package has included admission ticket price to each attraction of the visitors choice. However, all attractions are the same as above tours with 48 hours length.
- Downtown Loop Tour - This is one of the tour that has the lowest price since it only includes Hopping on and hopping off bus. Visitors will be able to visit Times Square, Empire State Building, Rockefeller Center / Top of the Rock, World Trade Center, and Little Italy.
- Land and Air Tour – This is the combination of Gray Line’s Hop on and Hop off tour with helicopter sightseeing for 10-12 minutes. The Gray Line All Loops will be stopping for 35 stops which are Central Park, Lincoln Center, American Museum of Natural History, Cathedral of St. John the Divine, Harlem, Metropolitan Museum of Art, Guggenheim and other famous cultural attractions on the Museum Mile, Times Square. Empire State Building, Greenwich Village, SoHo, Little Italy, Chinatown, Financial District, Battery Park (departure point for ferry to Liberty and Ellis Islands), South Street Seaport. The package also includes night loop tour and helicopter which starts from 9 am to 6:30 pm ( select anytime during these period for 12 mins )
There are actually more tours that we have not mentioned them here. However, those are tours that includes Circle lines and other cruises that you can check them out yourself at Graylinevacations.com
What is the different between Megabus and Gray Line?
There are some people that might not know the different between Megabus and Gray Line. There are 2 obvious differences in the nature of the service and the purpose. The first thing is megabus is only serving people who are on business trip, works, and traveling from state to another and this is not for sightseeing purposes. While Gray Line Tour is very much focus on leisure and sightseeing purposes for foreigners and travelers who wants to see all of the sides of New York. The other different is the transportation, Megabus will only stop at the bus terminal and mega bus bus stop once the passengers have reach their destinations, but Gray Line will stop at Hop on and Hop off point for the visitors at the tourist attractions.