From the previous articles we have recommended the online printing services to handle all the difficult works. Printing hundreds and thousands pieces of cards and other printing materials. However, will this be possible for us to sit back and do something for ourselves when we have free time? Ordering Postcards via online can cut the time wasting process, but when you want to a small amount of postcards it needs to be done by yourself. Here are some logical reasons why you need to DIY your postcards.
When walking into postcards store
- You can’t find your favorite postcards at the postcard booth or the postcard shop
- You find only the old postcards in the shop that have been there for ages
- You find only postcards that looks the same as every shops are selling
Now, it’s not just only ” you can’t find the best postcards ” or you “don’t want to find them” in this article we’ll guide you how to make the postcards in the easy way to kill time or to have something to do in your free time.
Things Required to Make a postcard
- Sharp scissor or cutter
- 2 sided sticky tape or glue spray
- a platform to insert under the die-cut when you’re cutting
- Drawing Paper with 200gsm or any paper comparable to it.
- Clear Sticker to post it on the postcard preventing the water.
The Making of DIY Postcard
Step 1 : Find the image that you like the most to make the postcard image. These images are not limited to the image from your computer that you can print out. Or the photo that you used to take in your album ( provided that you have to keep the film of that photo ). In addition to this, if you have any expertise in drawing any picture, the picture can also be used in the postcard as well. These drawing, images, and photos will be used to stick on the front side of the postcard that you are about to make and it needs to be in a precise size to align the center of the image on the postcard.
Did you Know?
The Recommended Size of Photo to be used in the Postcard are around 4X6″
The Recommended Size of drawing should be around 3.5X5.5″
Step 2 : Spray the glue or using the sticky tape at the back of the photos that you’ve selected. If you’re using the glue spray, spray the glue lightly, do not soak the photo and it won’t look good when it’s done. However, if you use the 2-sided sticky tape, You need to stick the tape on every edges of the photo ( at the back only ).
Step 3 : Post the photo that you have glued onto the Drawing Paper ( 200 gsm ) neatly, adjust the edge a little so that the photo covers the paper. However, if the photo size exceed the edge of the drawing paper, do not cut the photo. Change the Drawing Paper right away and the next time get a bigger one.
Step 4 : Use the clear sticker that you have prepared to stick on the photo to cover them from water and humidity….and here we go!
Wording and Writing On Postcards
Whenever writing on the postcards and you want them to deliver to someone. You need to write down on the postcard in a good manner. There are 3 principles ( official ) to write wording on the Postcards.
- Make the wording short – Do not write down with using too much of wording. Try to make it the shortest possible as you’ll never know when you’ll be running out of the lines and space to write.
- Positive Writing – Noones send the postcard with curses and wish them to have bad luck. All the wording and wishes should be in a positive manner and polite. Even though you’re facing unpleasant situation and you don’t need to complain them down in the postcard.
- The content is predictable – As mentioned, there’s no need for the writer to write everything down on the postcards. But the writer can use the wording in such a way that is predictable by the reader.
Related Printing Coupon & Promo Codes
Moo.com Promo Code
Polkadotdesign.com Coupon Code
Photoworks.com Coupon Code
Dayspring.com Coupon Code
Cocodot.com Promo Codes
Moo Promo code Mosiac Frames
Tips in Printing Business Cards
Uprinting Coupon Codes
Printplace Special Offer Codes
Related Photo Printing Coupons
Related Cards Printing Articles
Printing industry in USA 2010
Benefits of Online Cards Printing
Types of Invitation Cards
Moo.com New Wedding Cards Idea
Business Cards Printing Tips
Reviews on Online Printing Services
Tips for online printing services